If have plenty of zucchini laying around you need to try these Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins. They are healthy, super moist and easy to make.
This recipe makes 12 muffins. I recommend doubling the recipe, because they are that good. I know that when I make them they only last a few days. The kids love them.
Perfect for a quick breakfast or a snack for the kids when they come home from school.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, (120ml)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, (160g)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- Using basting brush, generously oil muffin silicone tray or use paper liners if using regular muffin pans.
- In a medium bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt. Mix until combined.
- In a large bowl combine egg, maple sugar, oil, lemon juice, and vanilla extract, shredded zucchini. Mix until combined.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Fill muffin cups 2/3 full and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean with only a few crumbs attached.
- Let the muffin cool in the pan for 10 minutes then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely.